Are you living in this country without having the Dutch nationality? And you are unable to obtain a passport from the country of origin? In that case you can apply for a foreigner’s passport. It also serves as a proof of identity.
You can use the foreigner’s passport to travel to any country except your country of origin. For many countries you will still need a visa. The embassy of the country you are travelling to has further information about this.
A foreigner’s passport can be applied for by making an appointment.
- You must be able to prove that you cannot obtain a passport in your country of origin.
- You are registered in the Key Registration of Persons (BRP) of the municipality of Alkmaar.
- You have a valid residence permit (document type I, II or V)
- A foreigner’s passport is valid for a maximum of 5 years. The exact period of validity depends on your residence status.
- You have to come yourself.
- All passports and identity cards you still have, even if they have expired.
- 1 recent colour passport photo, which meets the passport photo requirements.
- Your ATM card. You pay directly at the request.
- A valid residence document.
- Below the age of 18? A completed consent form for minors with the signatures of both your parents (or the person who has authority over you).
A foreigner’s passport costs € 57,34.
The application for a foreigner’s passport takes 2 to 4 months. The procedure takes a long time because the IND and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs also have to decide on your application. You will receive a message.