RNI - Registering for a job or short stay

Are you staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months?

Do you live abroad and do you need a citizen service number (BSN in Dutch) for matters you need to arrange with the Dutch government?

In that case you can register as a non-resident. Please make an appointment for this, by sending an e-mail. You will receive a BSN. Also your data will be included in the Non-Residents Registration (RNI in Dutch).

Attention please: You can’t call RNI to make an appointment.

If you are staying in the Netherlands for more than 4 months, you must register in the Key Registration of Persons (BRP in Dutch).

For a registration appointment, please send an e-mail to rnialkmaar@alkmaar.nl.

Attention please: You can’t call RNI to make an appointment.

All persons you wish to register must be present in person, including children. 

Please bring the following items to the appointment: 

  • Valid passport or identity card; 
  • The confirmation email of the appointment; If you do not speak Dutch, English or German, you need to bring an interpreter with you. 
  • Valid passport or identity card of the child and parent(s) present at the time of registration 
  • Consent form completed and signed by the parent(s) for registration of the minor (in Dutch or English) 
  • An official document of the child stating you as a parent, for example an international birth certificate or an extract from an authority register.
    •  This document must be drawn up in Dutch, English, French or German or translated into Dutch by a sworn interpreter/translator). 
    •  This document must (depending on the country of issue) meet the legalisation requirements 
    • This document may not be older than 3 years