RNI - Registering for a job or short stay
- Are you staying in the Netherlands for less than 4 months?
- Do you live abroad and do you need a citizen service number (BSN in Dutch)? Is this for matters you need to arrange with the Dutch government?
In that case you can register as a non-resident. Please make an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning for how many persons, how long you will be staying in the Netherlands, and a phone number.
You will receive a BSN. Also your data will be included in the Non-Residents Registration (RNI in Dutch).
If you are staying in the Netherlands for more than 4 months, you must register in the Key Registration of Persons (BRP in Dutch).
All persons you wish to register must be present in person, including children. Please bring the following items to the appointment:
- Valid passport or identity card;
- The confirmation email of the appointment
- If you do not speak Dutch, English or German, you need to bring an interpreter with you.
- Valid passport or identity card of the child and parent(s) present at the time of registration
- Consent form completed and signed by the parent(s) for registration of the minor (in Dutch or English)
- An official document of the child stating you as a parent, for example an international birth certificate or an extract from an authority register.
- This document must be drawn up in Dutch, English, French or German or translated into Dutch by a sworn interpreter/translator).
- This document must (depending on the country of issue) meet the legalisation requirements
- This document may not be older than 3 years
Do you have a problem making an appointment? Or you have additional questions?
You can send us an e-mail at email@example.com. We will send you a reply within 2 working days.
Attention please: You can’t call RNI Alkmaar.